Wednesday, January 1, 2014

stepping forward into me...........

so last year was the year i discovered that it's ok to be me..........it's ok to be intense, introverted, passionate me............

it's ok to need time to be alone without my kids, without my husband, without friends........

it's ok to want time to read.......walk on the beach alone.......write things down so that i can process them........it's ok to be with just me......

and although being alone is important to me,  i've also discovered that i can never be alone for too long......very soon i will want time with others to share deeply, to pour out what is in my heart, processing what i am going through........

i've learnt that mistakes are not failures, but rather that they are stepping stones.......so i keep moving forward believing that He that is within me is greater than He that is in the world, and i know that i will always be seen as He sees me: an overcomer.........His perfect bride........

and it has been in this alone time..........this season that felt like isolation at first, but turned into freedom from chains that bound me, that i have discovered that freedom comes from daily forgiving and accepting forgiveness.......from daily living in the truth that He came to set me free from laws that had bound me so tightly, from a need to prove my worthiness to others........seeking acceptance from the world has never brought me lasting peace or joy-there has always been something more to prove.........seeking, and finding acceptance from the One that sees me as righteous and crowns me with His (seemingly undeserved) glory has brought me more freedom than the world offers me.........

so i am stepping forward into this new year, trusting that the Prince of Peace goes with me, having discovered that it's ok to be me because being me is more pleasing to Him than when i try to be like others...........having experienced His love, peace, provision, peace and joy like never before in 2013 i am stepping forward and moving with Him as one into this new year..........

2014 i look forward to traveling through you...........for i know that i will never be alone in any storm, valley or mountain top........and where the wind blows, i pray, that by His grace, i will follow.............

(you may not be a katy perry fan.......but this song has me roaring when it comes on the radio ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks :-)