Thursday, August 15, 2013

His grace covers a multitude of sins, yours.........and mine

Proverbs16 vs 18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

i woke up that saturday morning with a norah jones song in my head.......you humble me Lord, you humble me Lord, so please, please, please forgive me..........i knew i had done wrong and there was nothing i could do to take it back......it was done........



as i lay in bed my Daddy spoke gentle words to me..........He took me back to a grade one classroom, to a beautiful little heart i'd taught.......she believed in fairies........and i told her i didn't...... in front of a classroom of her friends........i saw her little face change from joy to disbelief........a relationship broken-from that moment on it felt like i could never reach that little girl's heart again........over the years i have thought of that precious little soul and wondered if she knows the Love of Jesus who accepts her no matter what she believes..........but My God, in His love and mercy, said to me that morning: she is in the palm of My hand, I will draw her near to me in My time........you are forgiven........

then He took me to another time.......i was standing in the school passage with a teacher, she was trying to uncover the truth to an incident which had happened........i had been the one to "solve" the mystery by sharing what a friend had confessed to me in private.......she had done something and we would all be punished for it if the culprit wasn't found out.........i spoke the truth........but they wouldn't believe me because my friend had told them she was being wrongly accused.....they believed her and not me....i stood and listened as i was told that i was a liar and there was nothing that i could do to defend myself.........they would not believe me.......
by God's grace ten years later we both sat in a music class (at college) together and for some bizarre reason the lecturer asked: have you ever done anything wrong to someone and you wished you could say sorry to them?.........my friend confessed to lying that day long ago, she apologised to me in front of a class full of our friends..........but to me it felt like she was the one who had been shown as the hero in the situation for confessing and putting things straight........me, i felt like the friend who couldn't be trusted........
four years later i walked into the staff room of the school i was teaching at at the time to come face to face with the very teacher who had called me a liar........fear hit me in that moment:would she tell my fellow staff members of that long ago incident? did she still see me as a liar?..........she didn't know what my friend had confessed to........but instead, when asked what i had been like as a child at school, she answered in Love: she was the cutest little girl and all of the teachers fought over her to have her in their class................

the battle belongs to Me..........let Me fight the battle, you don't need to defend yourself.......the battle is already won...........

Proverbs 16 vs 32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, he who rules his [own] spirit than he who takes a city.

i was supposed to go to the mall that saturday and i was doing everything to delay the inevitable........you see, i was afraid.......i didn't want to see anybody that i knew to be told that i had done damage......and so i did everything to avoid going.........eventually i told ray what i was struggling with.......i told him i'd been wrong to speak out, wrong to shame a fellow believer and i was afraid that i would have to face the consequences of my words........my husband is a wise counsellor-i didn't know how much until that morning-he encouraged me in Love........told me what he sees in me, and i felt strengthened to go and face the world........

walking to the car my little man came out begging me to buy him something at the shops.......i know his heart-he just loves gifts-his day is made when he receives something......anything.....but i was tired of hearing him beg.......so i sat down with him and told him: don't beg.........you're not a beggar.......who is the King of the world? he grinned and said:me.......who is the King of the world? God.......and you are His prince......you don't have to beg from Him, just ask.......He wants to give to you all that you ask for because you're His son.........mommy wants to give you all you ask for, somedays i can and i will.......but somedays you need to wait until i can........i went off to the shops, found what i was looking for and then felt i needed to buy what he had asked me for.........so i took one off the shelf (i thought jen and mike could share) and went to the till........use your loyalty points, He whispered......so i asked how many points i had.....enough to buy two! and cover some of the cost of what i'd gone to buy........as i was leaving (after seeing no-one i knew) i realised that even though i was believing that i had done wrong My Father was saying: even when you think you have done wrong i love you, i want to take care of you and i give you my love for free, in fact i gave you more than you even thought you should get....My Love is abundant.........i was so excited to get home and tell my boy what His Daddy had done for him: given him what he had asked for for free, i hadn't had to pay a cent for his gift!!!

Proverbs 16 vs 33 The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him].

there was more to be unveiled.......

i see-sawed that night between knowing that the Father was in control and thinking that it would just be better to hide.......forever ;-).........i realised that in all probability our friends at fellowship could have read the blog post too......what would they think?!?.........fellowship was the one place i felt safe and unconditionally loved.......would they still accept me even if i had done something despicable?........the Lord is pretty persistant though........once He has you on the palm of His hand He is never going to let you go........no matter how far away you think you can run........i knew that i could go with Him beside me.......fellowship came.......and went........no mention of the blog post............

but the Father still has work to do in me (thankfully He promises to complete the good works He has begun)..........

mornings are tough when your flesh is being exposed to you.......and the world........it's often the time when i feel at my weakest..........dropping the kids at school meant i'd have to face more people who could possibly have read my blog..........guess that's what happens when you get naked on facebook ;-)
my precious kiddies accepted my lame excuse for not walking in with them........and i escaped back home to my castle.........i've learnt that it's best to run to the Lord when things are tough and not away from Him.........so i spent the day soaking in His word by listening to some of my favourite grace teachers..........i am always amazed at how the Lord feeds us.....everything i listened to that morning was encouragement to my soul........

later that day mike "accidentally" pushed the play button on my cell phone........the song that was playing: blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be His holy name........He gives and takes away........He gives and takes away.........i get that you give Lord, but how can they sing so joyfully about You taking away?..........but somehow that song was balm to my soul.........

the following day i was faced with the truth of what i had done........of whom it had really effected.....and i wanted to hide (again)........but He encouraged me not to hide........i didn't have a car to fetch the kids, i needed a lift............a friend from fellowship was willing to help.........i sat in the car dreading that she would bring up the topic of my blog post..........instead He whispered to me: I give you the gifts that you need and take away the burdens that you don't need......I give and take away.......let Me fight the battle..........

it was a long week......by thursday i had come to terms with the fact that i had hurt others and that in all probability my children could be effected too.........loosing friends is not easy........but not my children too, Lord.........would you be happy if I was your only friend?.........yes, Jesus, You're the best friend i've ever had........i don't want to loose you too............then believe this: you don't have to fight My battles for Me...........I have already won.....no need to point out unbelief to others, you are not their judge...... just as i keep drawing you closer to Me I can draw all of mankind to Me..........just as I am unveiling the lies that you believe about yourself.........I can unveil their eyes too.......just rest in Me and enjoy the life I want to live through you.......that is all i want you to do.............I AM LOVE that is what  I do...........

my God (and yours) is a God of Love.......sometimes you have to go through fire to burn away the chaff........most of the time i find that it is not what others do or say in the circumstances that i am facing that cause the most turmoil, but rather it is the lies that i believe about myself..........having these lies burnt away can be very painful to our flesh.........giving up what you believe about yourself and receiving what God says about you can be like the birthing process.......giving birth to new truth can be very messy.......realising you've believed a lie can hurt your pride........but holding that new life in your hands replaces all the pain with great joy..........His joy

know this: Love came to set you free..........where we may judge others as living, believing, doing wrong..........He does not judge this way........He is not sin conscious.....He is GRACE......He looks at you and judges you as LOVED........with no price to pay..........

i have been floored by this whole experience.........amazed at My Father's Grace through it all........the people whom i most feared loosing hadn't even read that post.........and i know now that even if they had they would still love me...........

so when all is said and done what have i learnt?.........i am a sinner who is as despicable as you.........i need to know Jesus and the Truth that sets you free from all lies...........just. like. you.........and the best part about it all? it's His work to set me free.......and that He has already completed!

so when He came to me again and whispered: you have judged others the way you think I have judged you.........now i want you to know that you are not judged as guilty, but as loved...........speak in Love.........I will show you how.......do you want me to teach you?.........yes, Lord, yes!






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks :-)