Monday, August 19, 2013

mondays aren't so blue anymore.......

the sun is beginning to rise earlier here in our corner of the world........the promise that winter is finally coming to an end.......i'm not a winter person-i'll take hot summer days over the cold winter nights anytime........but i can see why we have seasons.....there's a time for everything in our lives.........

i started running again around the beginning of the year, and i really enjoyed it, i even ran in a 5km fun run! but the winter rains have destroyed my running schedule-i am not that committed...yet!.......some mornings i get up and don my running gear, if i can't hear rain on the roof and the clouds look like they will not carry rain for the day.......... i've gotta have hope haven't i?!?..........but alas my takkies haven't hit the road much over the last three months!!!!

so when the urge for being outdoors hits, and i just can't take another day indoors i usually wrap up warmly and go for a walk on the beach.....there have been some gaps between the rainfalls ;-)

sometimes i find mondays i need that walk the most.........it's a culmination of a few things: a sunday indoors with the kids ;-) a monday that arrives and takes my precious family off to their places of being, a sunday of fellowship where you just wish the time spent together would never end because it's just so good to be in Love.........but mostly it's because i need time alone with my bestest of friends.........

so this morning when the sun rose earlier and there were no clouds in the sky i made a date with my old Friend, i dressed up warmly-there is still an icy wind-dropped the kiddies off at school, with love and kisses, and raced to the beach.............

it.was.beautiful.........why didn't i take the camera?!?!

as i walked along, basking in the Son, i breathed in the beauty that surrounded me.........sun bright in the sky, cool wind on my face, waves gently crashing on the sand, Light reflected on the sea..........
although i love these times alone my heart was longing to have someone there to share with and talk to......my heart was singing and i wanted to share it....so i asked for someone to come along that i could chat to...........as i continued to walk along i watched the dogs walking on the beach and thought of a friend who recently left our shores to start a new exciting adventure........i just know her dogs would have loved that walk........but there is a time for everything in life........they lived and enjoyed Life here.......and they will enjoy Life in their new destination too!............other friends filled my thoughts too, they're also about to travel..........a time of fun lies ahead for them, a time of strengthening too.......i am so excited to see where the Lord leads them to.........

i reached the river near the end of the beach and couldn't go any further........it.was.so.wide...........no jumping over today!.........as the river entered the sea it divided........one part was wide and the other narrower...........the River is flowing wide and deep, it is time to jump in...........you can flow with it into the sea in the narrow stream or the wide.........it is your choice to make.........will you let the River lead you?

All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from, there they return again.

i turned around and continued on my walk........Joy, oh sweet Joy, filled my soul and strengthened my Spirit.......i wanted to sing and shout and dance........but hey! i was on the beach!! so i resorted to singing in my head..........it was a song which my sweet jenny had listened to on sunday (on dad's hi-jacked phone this time! my kids have just discovered the technology we have and they are spending every possible minute on them-i can't hide the Truth from them), at bedtime jen had told me she just couldn't get the song out of her head.........like a rose, trampled on the ground, He took the fall and thought of me above all...........eventually i was singing it out loud while walking on the beach, well, loud enough for that old man to look at me as i walked past him...........crazy woman!!!

after spending some time on my own at the far end of the beach, sitting on the rocks-you don't feel like a crazy woman when you're sitting on a Rock...........it doesn't matter who is watching actually........i began the walk back to my car......and He whispered this to me: you are not naked anymore, you are crowned with My glory and you wear the robe of righteousness.....

seconds after having this revelation i bumped into an "old" friend with her husband and beautiful daughter...........i was so happy to see her......couldn't believe she was standing there right in front of me..........i'd seen on facebook that she was coming out to visit with her family and i had wondered if i would meet up with them.........actually, I had asked the Lord if He would make a way for me to see her.........there was something i wanted to tell her...........we walked and chatted and caught up on the goings on of our lives........and then we parted.........climbing into my car i realised that i hadn't said what i'd wanted to say to her..........so i got back out and told them what was on my heart: i am so stoked you guys got married......i remember the questions you had when you were dating.........their smiles were priceless!!!

when i got back into the car i remembered what i had asked the Lord for while i walked along the beach.......a friend to chat to............You are an awesome God..........You thought of me above all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks :-)