Friday, November 9, 2012

It's been a year........

and what a roller coaster one it's been........

in the beginning I struggled to let go, I wrestled with my thoughts........oh yes, there was underlying peace, but all my thoughts had to be realigned, renewed to focus on what He was saying to me,

Jen's first school outing, so excited! 
 I thought it was my purpose to teach them and guide them to discover who they are.......and then He whispered:Trust me with them, let me be their Shepherd, their Teacher......and so we stepped out in faith,

After the first term Mike started play school, it took two full terms before I could let go fully and let him go everyday-the Lord is so patient!!
 when my eyes are on Him, remembering His promises: I will never leave you nor forsake you.........your paths I will make straight, your thoughts will become mine........then it is easy.....

but the times when I have picked up the burden again, when I look around and compare....or I think that it is my role to make sure that they get the best of everything, or think that the purpose is gaining knowledge and experiences......

when I forget that the purpose is knowing Him......then I struggle in my own strength

we have learnt that He provides even before we ask
 I thought that if I encouraged them to discover who they are, what their dreams were, where their talents lay that they would find purpose........now I know that their purpose is to know Him and in getting to know Him they will discover who they truly are........His children, created to be in relationship with the One who loves them more than I can......to bring Him glory while walking in His freedom.......not to focus on discovering self, but to focus on discovering Him....

it has been a busy year  filled with concerts, pushing me out of my comfort zone
 and all the while that He has been renewing my thoughts I have fallen more in love........more in love with Him, more in love with my husband, more in love with my children.......more in love with Life,


my handsome Prince of Justice, such a blessing to watch him grow this year
 submitting to His way is not easy for me when I live by laws-I must do.......to be a good mom, wife, friend, daughter .......I fail often under laws,
submitting to His ways is not easy when I live life in my strength.....I am weak, and my strength is like a tiny spark compared to the fire which burns when He leads.......

my beautiful Princess of Joy and Life, every moment must be experienced...
every experience is enjoyed!
so when I am strong in Him and I submit to His ways, relying on His strength.........trusting His Word, resting in what He has revealed to us.......knowing that He will continue to complete the good work He has begun, then I walk in freedom trusting that my children will follow........not because I taught them, but because He has........